Sunday 26 January 2014

Hello & Slimming world syn free Arrabiata sauce!

Firstly, I would like to introduce myself as Katy!  I have been following slimming world (Extra easy) for 3 weeks and 3 days exactly and I've lost around 7 pounds (I will try to keep this exact from now on, I've not really been weighing myself up to now!)

I originally joined slimming world last year and lost 9 pounds in a month (fantastic!) then I went on holiday and never really got back into it.

I decided to give it another try this year and have been sticking to it really well so far!

So, my first slimming world meal/recipe is something I found online.  A simple Arrabiata sauce which I had with chicken, pasta and a small salad on the side.





It's just

1 x onion
2 x garlic cloves
2 x chillies (or however many you want dependent how spicy you like it!)
500g passata (original recipe said 400g but I found it to be the perfect consistency with 500g)
200ml vegetable stock

Fry your onions, garlic cloves and chillies until soft (around 10 - 15 minutes)
Add passata and vegetable stock, bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 - 20 minutes whilst cooking your chicken, pasta and preparing your salad! (if that's what you fancy!)

I just had lettuce and tomatoes in my salad but of course you can have whatever you fancy!  I also cooked the chicken separately and added to the sauce at the end before pouring over the pasta, I imagine you can cook the chicken with the onions, garlic and chillies though!  Let me know if you have tried this before and prefer this method!

I will be sharing as much as possible in the future, I know how much I enjoy browsing through people's recipes.  Of course, there won't be as much text next time!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment